NOTICE OF EXTRAORDINARY GENERAL MEETING
Notice is hereby given that an Extraordinary General Meeting of Gul Ahmed Textile Mills Limited will be held at the Moosa D. Dessai ICAP Auditorium, Institute of Chartered Accountants of Pakistan, G-31/8, Chartered Accountants Avenue, Clifton, Karachi, on Friday, March 31, 2017 at 9.30 A.M. to transact the following business:
- To elect Seven (7) Directors, as fixed by the Board of Directors for a term of three years commencing from March 31, 2017, in accordance with the provisions of Section 178 of the Companies Ordinance, 1984. The names of retiring Directors are.
- To transact with the permission of the Chair any other business which may be transacted at an Extraordinary General Meeting.
I. Mr. Mohomed Bashir
II. Mr. Zain Bashir
III. Mr. Ziad Bashir
IV. Mr. Mohammed Zaki Bashir
V. Mr. S.M. Nadim Shafiqullah
VI. Dr. Amjad Waheed
VII. Mr. Ehsan A. Malk
By order of the Board
MOHAMMED SALIM GHAFFAR
February 28, 2017
Company Secretary Karachi
- Any member who seeks to contest election of the office of Directors including the retiring directors shall file with the Company at its Registered Office situated at Plot No.82, Main National Highway, Landhi, Karachi, a notice of his/her intention to offer himself/herself for election alongwith a consent to act as director of the Company not later than 14 days before the date of the Extraordinary General Meeting. The consent should accompany the relevant declarations as required under the Code of Corporate Governance and a detailed profile alongwith his/her office address as required under SECP’s SRO 25(1) 2012 dated January 16, 2012.
- The Share Transfer Books of the Company will remain closed from March 24, 2017 to April 6, 2017 (both days inclusive) when no transfer of shares will be accepted for registration. Transfers received in order at the office of our Share Registrar M/s. FAMCO Associates (Private) Limited, 8-F, Next to Hotel Faran, Nursery, Block-6, P.E.C.H.S., Shahrah-e-Faisal, Karachi by the close of the business on March 22, 2017 will be in time for the purpose of attending the Extraordinary General Meeting and for the entitlement of Right shares.
- A member entitled to vote at the meeting may appoint a proxy. Proxies, in order to be effective, must be received at the Registered Office of the Company duly stamped and signed not later than 48 hours before the meeting. A proxy must be a member of the Company.
- Shareholders who have deposited their shares into Central Depository Company of Pakistan Limited must bring their original Computerized National Identity Card (CNIC) or Original Passport at the time of attending the meeting. If proxies are granted by such shareholders the same must be accompanied with attested copies of the CNIC or the Passport of the beneficial owners. Representatives of corporate members should bring the usual documents required for such purpose.
- Members who have not yet submitted photocopy of their CNIC are requested to send the same to the Share Registrar of the Company FAMCO Associates (Private) Limited, 8-F, Next to Hotel Faran, Nursery, Block-6, P.E.C.H.S., Shahrah-e-Faisal, Karachi at the earliest.
- Shareholders are requested to immediately notify the change of address, if any.
- Members can also avail video conference facility at Lahore and Islamabad. In this regard, please fill the following form and submit to registered address of the Company 10 days before holding of the Extraordinary General Meeting.If the Company receives consent from members holding in aggregate 10% or more shareholding residing at a geographical location, to participate in the meeting through video conference at least 10 days prior to date of meeting, the Company will arrange video conference facility in that city subject to availability of such facility in that city.
The Company will intimate Members regarding venue of video conference facility at least 5 days before the date of the Extraordinary Annual General Meeting along with complete information necessary to enable them to access such facility.
I/We,___________________________ of ______________, being a member of Gul Ahmed Textile Mills Limited, holder of ________________ ordinary share (s) as per Register Folio/CDC Account No.___________ hereby opt for video conference facility at _________________
Signature of Member(s)
FORM OF PROXY
I/We___________________________________________________________________________ of ____________________________________________________________________________being a member of Gul Ahmed Textile Mills Limited and holder of _____________ Ordinary Shares here by appoint _______________________________________________________ of____________________________________________________or failing him/her _______________________________________________________________________
of _________________________________________________another member of the Company,as my/our proxy in my/our absence to attend and vote for me/us and on my/our behalf at the
EXTRAORDINARY GENERAL MEETING of the Company to be held on March 31, 2017 or at
any adjournment thereof.
- Witness Signed by me this _______day of ______2017
Address Signed _______________________________
- WitnessName Folio No./CDC Account No. __________________
- A member entitled to vote at the meeting may appoint a proxy. Proxies in order to be effective, must be received at the Registered Office of the Company duly stamped and signed not later than 48 hours before the meeting.
- Proxies granted by shareholders who have deposited their shares into Central Depository Company of Pakistan Limited must be accompanied with attested copies of the Computerized National Identity Card (CNIC) or the Passport of the beneficial owners. Representatives of corporate members should bring the usual documents required for such purpose. A proxy must be a member of the Company.
- If member appoints more than one proxy and more than one instruments of proxy are deposited by a member with the Company, all such instruments of proxy shall be rendered invalid.
If the member is a corporate entity its common seal should be affixed to the proxy.
- In case of CDC Account Holders, attested copies of CNIC or the Passport of the beneficial owners and the proxy shall be furnished with the proxy form.