The story of textiles in the subcontinent is the story of Gul Ahmed. The group began trading in textiles in the early 1900s. The group entered the field of manufacturing with the establishment of today’s iconic name of Gul Ahmed Textile Mills Ltd in the year 1953. Since its listing on the Karachi Stock Exchange in 1970, the company has been making rapid progress and enjoying a leading position in the world of textiles.
With an installed capacity of more than 51,840 spindles, 300 state-of-the-art weaving machines, and the most modern yarn dyeing, processing & stitching units, Gul Ahmed is a composite unit – making everything from cotton yarn to finished products. Gul Ahmed has its captive power plant comprising gas engines, gas & steam turbines, and backup diesel engines. Believing in playing its role in protecting the environment, Gul Ahmed has also set up a wastewater treatment plant to treat 100% of its effluent, bringing it to NEQS levels.
Gul Ahmed is playing a vital role not only as a textile giant but has a strong presence in the retail business as well. The opening of its flagship store – Ideas by Gul Ahmed– marked the group’s entry into the retail business. Starting from Karachi, Gul Ahmed now has an extensive chain of more than 40 retail stores across the country, offering a diverse range of products from home accessories to fashion clothing. More than 50 years since its inception, the name Gul Ahmed is still globally synonymous with quality, innovation & reliability.
- Ideas (Private) Limited – (Wholly owned subsidiary of Gul Ahmed Textile Mills Limited).
- Gul Ahmed International Limited. (FZC)-UAE – (Wholly owned subsidiary of Gul Ahmed Textile Mills Limited)
- GTM Europe Limited – UK– (Wholly owned subsidiary of Gul Ahmed International Limited. (FZC)-UAE)
- GTM USA Corp. -USA – (Wholly owned subsidiary of GTM Europe Limited – UK)
- Sky Home Corp.- USA – (Wholly owned subsidiary of GTM Europe Limited – UK)
Association / Trade body
- All Pakistan Textile Mills Association
- Karachi Chamber of Commerce & Industry
- The Karachi Cotton Association
- Pakistan Business Council
- Employers Federation of Pakistan
- Pakistan Textile Exporters Association
- All Pakistan Textile Processing Mills Association
- Pakistan Bedwear Exporters Association
- Pakistan Hosiery Manufacturers & Exporters Association
- Karachi Centre for Dispute Resolution
- International Textile Manufacturers Federation
- Fellowship Fund for Pakistan
Company Registration Number
New registration number: CUIN 000586
Company National Tax Number:
Registered Office Address:
Plot No.H-7, Landhi Industrial Area, Landhi, Karachi.