Mr. Mohomed Bashir joined the Board of Gul Ahmed Textile Mills Limited in 1982. He is a fellow member of Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA), United Kingdom.
In recognition of his services he has been awarded Sitara‐e‐Imtiaz by the President of Pakistan in 2006 and was also conferred with Justice of Peace. On April 7, 2017 he was awarded with the Grade d’ Officier in the National Order of Merit by the President of the French Republic. On 19 February 2020, Mr. Bashir was awarded the Knight of King, Northern Star Order, first class by the King of Sweden, Mr. Carl Gustaf.
Mr. Mohomed Bashir has a very rich and extensive experience in commerce and industry. He is currently the Chairman of the Board of Directors of Gul Ahmed Textile Mills Limited. He is also serving on the Boards of the following organizations:
- Gul Ahmed Energy Limited
- Habib Metropolitan Bank Limited
- GTM (Europe) Limited – UK
- Gul Ahmed International Limited (FZC) – UAE
- GTM USA Corp – USA
- Habib University Foundation
- Education Fund for Sindh
- Gul Ahmed Holdings (Private) Limited
- International Cotton Association Limited
- International Textile Manufacturers Federation (ITMF)
Presently, his honorary Government, Trade & Industry, and Consular positions include:
- Honorary Consul General of Sweden – Sindh / Baluchistan
- Chairperson, Apparel, Made-Ups and Technical Textile Council, Ministry of Commerce.
- Member, Sindh Doing Business Reform Council
- Member National Export Development Board (NEDB)
- Member Pakistan China Business and Investment Forum
- Member of The Prime Minister’s Council of Business Leaders, Government of Pakistan, Ministry of Commerce and Textile.
- Member of the Task Force on Textile Policy, Government of Pakistan, Ministry of Commerce and Textile.
- Member, Pakistan France Business Council
- Member, Pakistan German Business Council
- Member, Pakistan Swedish Business Council
Previously, he has also held the following honorary Government and Trade and Industry positions:
- Chairman, Pakistan Business Council (2014-2015)
- Founder Director, Pakistan Business Council – 2005 – 2022
- President, International Textile Manufacturers Federation (ITMF) (2010-2012)
- Member, Tax Reform Commission, Ministry of Finance (2014-2016)
- Member, Tax Advisory Council, FBR (2014-2016)
- Founder, Trustee, Fellowship Fund For Pakistan till 2013
- Member, Advisory Committee, Federal Tax Ombudsman, Government of Pakistan (2011-2014)
- Member, Economic Advisory Council, Government of Pakistan (2008-2013/2001-2003)
- Member, Export Promotion Board, Government of Pakistan (2002-2007, 1995-1997)
- Member, National Strategy on Textiles (2006-2007)
- Chairman, Pakistan Britain Advisory Council (2002-2005)
- Chairman, All Pakistan Textile Mills Association (1989 -1990)
- Vice Chairman, All Pakistan Textile Mills Association (1982-1985)
- Chairman, Pakistan Swiss Trade and Industry Committee (1981-2000)
- Governing Board, Pakistan Design Institute (1981- 2000)
- Member, Advisory Board of CPLC, Government of Sindh (2010)